Booking Terms and Conditions
The Old Ford Cottage
Letting rooms Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (Contract) are deemed as agreed when full payment has been received and booking confirmation (The Contract) issued.
The Contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the Contract as set out below.
The only variation in the following Contract is by the means of how the property accommodation is purchased and booked by using one of the two options;
(1) Using a third party (such as booking.com or many others) which all have their own Terms & Conditions in respect to payments and refunds is acknowledged but in all other resects the following Terms & Conditions apply.
(2) Booking directly with The Old Ford Cottage directly, either by personal contact or via our dedicated website, the following rules apply.
To make a reservation full payment is required at the time of booking. Once the full payment has been received a confirmation will be issued
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
We are a small family business and any cancellation can have a considerable impact on our business but of course we do understand that it is sometimes necessary, therefore we have the following rules;
It is essential that all cancellations be immediately notified in writing (email is best) to firstname.lastname@example.org followed up by a telephone call between 9am & 7pm the same or following day.
If you cancel your room 60 or more days before the booked start date we will refund in full all payments and any deposit made.
If you cancel your room between 30 and 59 days before the booked start date we will refund 75% of any payment made.
If you cancel your room with less than 30 days before the booked date no refund will be made.
In exceptional cases, and if the above rules have been adhered to, it maybe possible for a new date to be agreed but this is solely at the discretion of the owners to agree with this. Please contact the owners.
Damage Policy Notice
Please note that by booking this property you agree to the following Damage Policy:
- You must keep the property and its content(s), including all furniture, electronic equipments, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the start of the stay, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found when you arrived.
- You are also responsible for the safekeeping of the Property and its contents, therefore you must remember, among others, to lock all doors and windows, and ensure that the Property is safe upon your departure.
- You will be responsible to reimburse the property owner for all damage(s), breakages or loss(es) caused to the Property by you and/or the rest of your guest(s).
- Where any breakages, damage(s) or loss(es) occur, You should report it firsthand to the Property owner as soon as reasonably practicable, but always before checkout.
- The property owners will be able to request a damage fee from you for any damage(s), breakage(s) and loss(es) made to the property and its contents (as defined above) up to 14 days after the end of your stay.
- This Damage Policy does not include general cleaning and ordinary wear and tear nor event of force majeure.
In the event that the accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control such as flood, fire or something very serious that renders the property uninhabitable. We would make every attempt to offer you alternative accommodation however if this is not possible or unacceptable to you then we would refund all monies paid by you.
- Our liability would not extend beyond any payments received.
- We never overbook or over sell our accommodation.
We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to this cancellation.
The room will be available from 3pm to 7pm and all guests are expected to depart by 11am.
If there any special circumstances please discuss with the owner and if we can help we will.
All accommodation areas have steps and some have limited headroom and as the property is nearly 300 years old cannot be made suitably accessible for those with limited mobility issues.
Care & Respect of the property
Much love, time and expense has been spent on our accommodation so please report any damage or breakages to us as soon as possible so the item can be replaced / repaired.
We don’t normally charge for minor breakages, however any damage or staining to bed linen, carpets, furniture or soft furnishings may be liable to a cleaning, repair or replacement charge. Suncream, fake tan, waterproof makeup and hair dye can all cause permanent damage to bedding, linen and towels and especially the Hot Tub.
We also reserve the right to charge for excessive cleaning where the B&B room has been left in an unacceptable condition, including but not limited to, waste, litter, damage to the structure, movement of furniture and contents etc.
Sound travels a long way in the valley. Please give due consideration to other visitors and neighbours. Please keep noise to a minimum between 10pm and 9am so as not to disturb us and other guests.
We are not licensed to sell or serve alcohol, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Smoking & Vaping
For the comfort and safety of our guests The Old Ford Cottage does not allow smoking & vaping within any of the buildings however there are many seating areas outdoors that guests are welcome to use.
Safety on site and especially by the River Sheppey
Guests are fully responsible for anyone under the age of 18 years. Please ensure an adult accompanies all minors about the gardens and adjacent fields.
While we make every effort to provide a safe and secure site guests are entirely responsible for the safety and security of their own goods, possessions and vehicles.
We do not accept any liability for damage, loss, consequential loss or personal injury to any member of your party, their vehicles or possessions unless proven to be due to negligence of The Old Ford Cottage.
In such case our total liability to you would be limited to the value of the booking, and in no circumstances would be extended to any indirect or special damages.
Terms & Conditions reviews and amendments
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
GDPR -INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect your name, address and contact information, including email address when you contact us using our online booking enquiry form or when telephoning to enquire or make a booking.
The information is only used by us to help provide our service to you. The following are typical examples of what we use the information for:
- Responding to your questions and comments
- Confirming any bookings and providing you with useful information
- Using information to improve our products and services
- Periodically sending promotional emails and new special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
We would never share, divulge or sell any personal information to anyone for any reason.
Should you not wish for us to provide you with direct email marketing, please email us. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988.
Any information stored will be destroyed after three years without contact.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We very much look forward meeting you and hope you enjoy a lovey stay at The Old Ford Cottage.